28.3.06

French Toast, Pt 2

So a bunch of French youths are rioting in Paris, again. Apparently their President proposed a new law to encourage businesses to hire young people, and this has the young people the law is intended to help upset about it. Of course, the law actually just makes it easier to fire young people. So you may understand why they’re all upset. Maybe they’re afraid the unemployment rate will rise from 25% to 27%. But you can’t fire someone without hiring them first, right? So they may not get the permanent job they already don’t have now. The law could help them at least get a job for right now. I do have to give those youths credit, though. When I was looking for a job, I read job postings and filled out applications. I never thought about setting cars on fire. But it all really comes down to one thing. Those French kids obviously have too much free time on their hands. I think it’s time for them to go get jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home