6.5.06

Off the Post

I do have problems with the Kentucky Derby. Horse Racing in general seems to be a way for the filthy rich to throw money around. I also find jockeys kind of creepy. And I will take a good Kentucky bourbon over a Mint Julep any day.

So it would be safe to bet that I will be watching Carolina and New Jersey and not all the pre-race coverage. I understand that the NBA playoffs are more popular than the NHL playoffs. But at this time of the year, hockey should not be put behind baseball. Even pre mini camp NFL is getting more coverage. That’s just wrong.

I will watch the race, though. After all, it is the second most exciting two minutes in sports. So who do I pick to win? I’ll save that until right before the race. I wouldn’t want to upset the odds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home