8.8.06

Sore Loserman

You have to admit it fits. Sen. Lieberman (D), Connecticut, has lost to Ned Lamont. Lieberman’s plans? Run against Lamont again in November. Maybe he will be able to build enough Joementum by then. I doubt it, though. If he does run again, and he loses again, the state of Connecticut should force him to find some way to repay every citizen in the state for wasting a year of their lives.

Also worth noting, the Connecticut state website used for monitoring the results has crashed. Could some of Lieberman’s supporters have intentionally crashed the site to keep Joe from officially losing? I think it’s probably because the election has brought a lot of interest and a lot of people viewing the site. Yes, this is a possible option. Although I doubt the state is cheap enough to use a web hosting service that only charges $15. I'll let the FBI figure out what happened.

Now I hold extremely moderate views which are closer to Lieberman's than to most Senators. Still, I've never much cared for Droopy, especially since he became such a slut for the Republicans. Can you believe he let Bush get to Second Base? Anyway, it doesn't matter what I think, because he was running to represent the state of Connecticut, and the Democrats there decided they don't want him anymore. I'll repeat that again for you Joe. I know you are getting old. The Democrats of your state don't want you anymore.

Really, though. How do you lose a primary and still get to run in the general election. If you decide to take a "principled stand" against your party, you really should do that before you try to win your party's approval in the primary. And you can not run for the sake of your party after your party has rejected you. I am all in favor of third-party candidates running because they are dissatisfied or alienated by the two major parties. But you have to declare that at the beginning of the election. You can't change after losing the primary and expect to have any sort of credibility. I guess this just shows how desparate incumbants are to hold power, and it shows me why we need to work harder to kick out more of them.


3 Comments:

Blogger Erik Opsal said...

I'm assuming you've seen this then.

10/8/06 07:13  
Blogger Dorshorst said...

The above link won't open for me, could you post the address?

10/8/06 08:44  
Blogger Erik Opsal said...

http://thismodernworld.com/3053

Not sure why that didn't work but this one should.

10/8/06 15:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home