13.3.07

2007 Iditarod Finish

Congratulations to Lance Mackey. Mackey pulled into Nome, crossing the Burled Arch 8:08:41 pm with a time of 9 days, 5 hours, 8 minutes, and 41 seconds. If anyone was going to beat Buser, my favorite, I'm okay with it being Mackey. From his bio: Both my father and brother won wearing bib #13 in their sixth Iditarod. This year will be my sixth Iditarod and I will pick bib #13 when I select my starting position. So it's a nice story.

Paul Gebhardt, Martin Buser, Zach Steer, and Jeff King look to finish next in that order.
So it's not like I picked the red lantern winner.

Final results posted here.

And Buser finishes at 4:07 AKDT in 4th place. 17 top ten finishes in 21 races. Not bad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dorshorst said...

I know you don't care. Relax, it's over. March Madness starts tomorrow and there will be no more talk of dog sled racing.

13/3/07 23:27  
Blogger Ryan Gallentine said...

I find it hilarious that you comment on your own posts.

14/3/07 11:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home