5.5.07

Hey Ma, what's for Dinner?

Reach up your nose, and pick a winner.

It is time once again for the "Greatest two minutes in sports", also known as the 133rd running of the Kentucky Derby. As I did last year (I was close), I will post my picks here. Scat Daddy, Curin, and Nobiz like Shobiz. Full Odds here. Again, I encourage a one week boycott of Yum! Brands to fight corporate branding of sporting events.
*I didn't get to see the race, but it appears I was way off.



Later tonight, in a much more anticipated event, Oscar de la Hoya will fight undefeated Floyd Mayweather. It seems like it's been forever since there was a fight anyone cared about, so people are looking to this as the Fight to Save Boxing. Mayweather is younger, and is the better boxer, quicker and with a better counter, but I can not root for a guy who calls himself "the 50 Cent of boxing". I've got to go with the Golden Boy in an 8th round KO. Here is another opinion to back me up (warning: try to avoid looking at the picture at top).
*By split decision (115-113, De La Hoya; 116-112, 115-113, Floyd Mayweather) "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather (38-0) becomes the new champion. Not my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home