29.1.07

Shoot 'em like a Horse

It took a while, but they finally decided to give up on Barbaro. The Kentucky Derby winner was euthanized earlier today. It's about time.

“I just can’t explain why everyone is so caught up in this horse,” Roy Jackson, who owned the colt with his wife, Gretchen, has said time and again. I can't explain it either. Barbaro was a horse. It was a horse that did nothing more commendable than run really fast in a handful of races. There are plenty more people in the world who are in need of much less risky or costly medical treatment who are going to die because they don't get it. I can not understand how $1.2 M was raised to keep this horse alive and in pain for eight months.

*Time at least asks the question, but they don't have the guts to give the correct answer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erik Opsal said...

I'm glad you decided to use that headline. It's what immediately came to my mind, too.

29/1/07 22:23  
Blogger Dorshorst said...

I had to use that title. There was no possible other choice.

And I didn't want to sound like I don't care about animals. I don't even have a problem with the rich getting preferential treatment. Just don't expect me to care about something like this more than anything else. And do not expect me to send a horse a get-well card.

30/1/07 23:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home