13.6.07

Hitless

Things are not looking good for the Milwaukee Brewers right now. Sure, their 34-30 record stills leads the horrible NL Central by 5.5 games, but the team had led the League a month ago is in danger of dropping below .500 (they were 24-10 on May but lost 20 of their last 30 since then). And now this:

Detroit's Justin Verlander threw a no-hitter against the Brewers last night. Sure, Verlander deserves full credit for an amazing pitching performance. He stuck out 12. He was throwing great off-speed stuff and was still throwing 101 mph fastballs in the 9th inning.

I don't care how good the opposing pitcher is, though. A good team should not go hitless. Right now, the Brew Crew is not a good team. I'm hoping this was a wake-up call for them.

3 Comments:

Blogger J said...

3 straight wins! I find it crazy how in the middle of a streak with 22, 11, 13, and 15 hits...they managed to get no hit. That's not a stretch you'd expect to see a 0 put in...

16/6/07 08:40  
Blogger Dorshorst said...

James! Good to see you here.

Anyway, things are still good for the Brewers, especially compared to past seasons. 4 straight wins now. Mayby my little talk to them worked. I'm still going to cross my fingers and hope they don't start to slide in the second half of the season and then fall apart in August, as they have done before.

16/6/07 20:52  
Blogger J said...

Got another W tonight after a real tough loss last night. Yovani Gallardo gets the W in a much anticipated debut. Plus CoCo got another chance to make me almost punch a wall. Good thing he pulled it out. Back to 8 games over .500, 7.5 on the Cards and 7 on the Cubs. Prince even leads the NL 1st Base AS voting by 23,000 votes.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

18/6/07 21:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home