17.12.06

It's about Time

As I've said before, Time magazine has been intentionally snubbing me for some time now. But with this week's issue, it appears that they have finally decided to accept the facts. That's right. Time's 2006 Man of the Year is Me.

Here's some exerts from the article.


"The "Great Man" theory of history is usually attributed to the Scottish philosopher Thomas Carlyle, who wrote that "the history of the world is but the biography of great men." He believed that it is the few, the powerful and the famous who shape our collective destiny as a species...

"...for seizing the reins of the global media, for founding and framing the new digital democracy, for working for nothing and beating the pros at their own game, TIME's Person of the Year for 2006 is [Stephen Dorshorst]."


If you read the whole article yourself, be aware that it was written specifically for me, with me being the only intended reader. Don't get confused and think that when it says "you" that it is referring to yourself. I thought it was rather appropriate that Time chose to write it in second-person, addressing me personally, and ignoring every other person who might also read it.


I certainly do not need this, as I have never doubted my importance, but it is kind of nice to have this recognition that this blog is making the difference that I had hoped it would, and it's one more thing to add to my resume. While I have to admit that I clearly deserve this award, I still feel I should give some credit to Time for finally having the rocks to acknowledge my greatness. Time magazine, you are no longer on my enemies list. Oh, and I also want to thank them for the offer of a free clock/radio with a new subscription they mailed to me as a bonus. Everyone knows that the PDA they offer the rest of you common folk for signing up is a piece of crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home