19.12.06

H to the P

It's Tuesday, and I have a final paper due tomorrow, so I must be writing another HodgePodge Tuesday post.

First up- I wanted to link to ESPN’s college basketball homepage before it changed, but I was too late. The link to the national rankings was under the headline "Badgers of Honor." Also on the same page: "There's a new No 2 seed, but this choice will likely stop us from being badgered." While I love seeing my Wisconsin team getting the recognition it deserves, all these Badger puns are going to get old really quick.

Speaking of college basketball, a ASU woman’s basketball game was called early due to rain. Yes, they decided to hold an open-air game, and yes, it got rained out. I guess no one thought to close the roof. An ASU player was quoted saying “This has never happened before. It’s cool to be a part of this.” It has never happened before because you’ve got to be retarded to do it.

Sticking with sports, an Indian runner at the Asian Games was stripped of a second place medal after she failed a gender test. Now, she probably has never had a penis, but she does have some Y chromosomes mixed in with the XXs, and I think that’s a valid case for disqualification. Extra male hormones are definitely a performance booster.


Astronomers might have seen the first stars of the universe. The objects, more than 1000 times the size of our sun, were more than 13 billion light-years away, meaning they were formed within a billion years of the Big Bang. I know no one else cares, but I thought it was interesting.



Miss USA Tara Conners will get to keep her title. Donald Trump, owner of the Miss Universe Organization, decided that the publicity from this is worth him not actually doing anything.



The FDA has issued a warning that warning labels on over-the-counter painkillers are indeed true.



Hamas and Fatah officials have agreed to end their current round of violence. This would warrant its own post and some real discussion if I actually believed them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home